Results for DNA testing are back within 48 business hours but can be expedited to be back within 24 business hours.
There are two types of tests that can be done:
1) Legal Test – The sample must be collected by an independent third party who completes the proper chain of custody documents and verifies the identity of each individual tested. This form of testing is admissible in court.
2) Non Legal Test – The sample can be done by an independent collector or done by you in the privacy of your home. The results of this test are not admissible in court, but can be used to alleviate any doubts you may have or satisfy any suspicions you may have before moving forward with the expensive legal process. To do the test at home, an at home DNA identification kit can be ordered by calling, (832) 831-8121. Instructions on how to correctly collect the sample will be provided.
Reasons for DNA Testing
- DNA Paternity testing for:
- Visitation or custody rights of children
- Child support cases
- Grandparents trying to verify grandchildren’s identity
- Adoptees trying to identify biological family members
- Immigration DNA testing - Immigrants legally migrating to U.S. or elsewhere
- Verifying relationships to deceased persons for inheritance and social security determination
- Verification of sibling relationships
- Individuals looking for missing family members
- Twins trying to determine if there are maternal or identical
- Prenatal DNA testing